Current Apra Indiana Scholarship & Award Opportunities
Apra Indiana Founders' Scholarship
(Deadline: March 30, 2020)
Kathy K. Wilson Scholarship
2019 Winner: Emily Rardin, Research Associate at the IU Foundation
Apra Indiana Service Award
2019 Winner: Tanya Ford, Executive Director of Advancement Operations at Indiana Wesleyan University
Please contact us with any questions about our scholarship and award opportunities. Note, these scholarships and awards are for Apra Indiana members. Not a member? Join today!
2019 Apra Indiana Founders' Scholarship
(Application Deadline: March 30, 2019)
The Apra Indiana Founders' Scholarship covers the costs of any Apra-affiliated conference registration plus a one year membership with Apra International (if applicant is not already a member). In support of the Apra Indiana goal to promote professional growth, this scholarship is awarded to an Apra Indiana member based on financial need. Nominations for the award must be submitted by March 30, 2020 to be considered.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must work at least 50% of the time in prospect development and/or relationship management for a nonprofit organization in a non-consulting capacity.
- Applicant must be a member in good standing with Apra Indiana
- Applicant must have been a member of Apra Indiana for at least one year
- Winner will contribute article to the Apra Indiana newsletter
- Scholarship must be used within one year of award
- Scholarship winners must wait three years before applying again.
How to Apply:
1. Complete the online application
2. Complete 500 word narrative and include the following information:
- Plan for covering additional expenses
- Supervisor approval/support
- Detailed explanation of financial need
- What local/regional professional development programs are available and what you have participated in
- Reasons for attending conference and impact on work and organization
- Any professional achievements, proven leadership and/or volunteer activity
3.. Submit a one-page resume.
After submitting the online application please email your narrative and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for the Founders' Scholarship online application
The Kathy K. Wilson Scholarship
Applicants for the Kathy K. Wilson scholarship must demonstrate a commitment to the profession of research for the field of development through leadership, mentoring, volunteerism and dedication. The award will be a stipend to be used for professional development, limited to use for Apra Indiana conferences. The Apra Indiana Scholarship Award will be awarded at the discretion of the Apra Indiana board. The scholarship is named in honor of Kathy K. Wilson, former Apra Indiana president, and members of all levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a member of Apra Indiana.
- Must work more than 20% in the field of prospect research, as defined by the Apra International Body of Knowledge.
- Must complete an application form (click here for the online application)
This scholarship will cover registration fees for one Apra Indiana event. You have the opportunity to choose from any of the following:
- 2020 Apra Great Lakes 2020 Conference
- 2020 Annual Meeting
Apra Indiana Service Award
The Apra Indiana Service Award was established in 1997 to recognize a member of the prospect research community who has demonstrated leadership, dedication, and commitment to the field. If you know of a current or previous member who has demonstrated these qualities, please click here to submit a nomination form. A group of individuals may complete the form.
Previous winners of this award are:
- Susan O'Shea, Purdue University (2017)
- Karen McTague, Second Harvest Food Bank (2016)
- Ralph Rohrer, Purdue Foundation (2013)
- Karen Anderson, University of Notre Dame
- Michele Miller, Butler University (2006)
- Barbara Lee, Butler University (2000)
- Betsy Schmidt, Franklin College (1997)